Your LAX luggage is covered by a lifetime limited warranty. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by state, province, or country.
A. Products Covered by this Limited Warranty
This limited warranty extends to the luggage product range, with a brand known as (“LAX”) manufactured by PUBLIC BETA SDN BHD (“Public Beta”) and purchased directly from Public Beta or LAX’s authorized retailers (the “Luggage”). Luggage is designed to be used for travel by air, car, train, boat, and foot. This Warranty does not cover your Luggage if you use it in a manner incompatible with that intended design.
B. Who this Warranty Extends To
This limited warranty extends to the original purchaser of any Luggage or, in the case of a gift, the original recipient of the Luggage. The “original purchaser,” for the purposes of this warranty, is the first purchaser of the Luggage from LAX or an LAX authorized retailer. The “original recipient” for purposes of this warranty, is the first receiver of Luggage purchased as a gift from LAX or an LAX authorized retailer. All LAX warranties, including any implied warranties, are valid only for the period of time the Luggage is owned by the original purchaser/ recipient of the Luggage. A COPY OF THE PURCHASE RECEIPT IS REQUIRED TO DETERMINE WARRANTY APPLICABILITY.
LAX limited warranties are not transferable and not applicable to use of the Luggage for commercial or rental purposes.
C. LAX's Limited Warranty and Responsibilities
LAX warrants the Luggage in its original packaging sold to you against the defects in material and workmanship set forth below (“Defects”) forever, when the Luggage is used normally for its intended purposes.
D. What this Lifetime Limited Warranty Covers
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES TO THE FOLLOWING DEFECTS:
- Cracks or breaks in the shell
- Wheels, handles, or telescoping handles that break off and are no longer usable
- Zippers/locks that can no longer be opened or closed
- Fabric tears that render front pocket fabric non-functional
THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- “Cosmetic Damage” which is defined as scratches, dents, dings, scuffs, stains, color changes, normal wear and tear, technological obsolescence, or other non-functional changes in the appearance of the product that occur during normal handling and use of Luggage by any party and which do not impair the functionality of the product as luggage. Aluminum Luggage is particularly susceptible to Cosmetic Damage.
- Replacement of any non-defective pieces in the luggage (for example, if you purchase Luggage with multiple components and only one component is defective, then we will only replace the defective component).
- Any luggage (whether manufactured by Public Beta or not) sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
- Luggage sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the Luggage is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
- Loss of functionality due to consumers being locked out of their Luggage. See “Your Responsibilities” below for information regarding assistance with locked Luggage.
In the event of a Defect, LAX’s sole and exclusive liability and your sole remedy under this limited warranty will be, at LAX’s option, to provide repaired or replacement Luggage, subject to your fulfillment of “Your Responsibilities” below. Replacement Luggage may be provided in a color different from the Luggage you originally purchased. For limited edition, discontinued or out-of-stock Luggage covered under the limited warranty, LAX guarantees only replacement of a product with equal or greater retail value and does not guarantee exact replacement of the same limited edition, discontinued or out-of-stock item.
E. Your Responsibilities
In the event of a Defect and in order to get the benefit of this limited warranty, you must return your Luggage to LAX warehouse/service center and provide LAX with proof of the original date of purchase. Should shipping costs be required to return your Luggage, you are responsible for those costs. Evidence of a Defect and any claims must be sent to the address set forth at the end of this limited warranty.
LAX will repair or replace (as applicable) and ship your Luggage back to you within 90 days of receiving your original Luggage. You will not be responsible for any shipping costs associated with shipping replaced or repaired Luggage.
Replaced or repaired Luggage is subject to the same limited warranty as the original Luggage.
Luggage that is locked can be shipped to an LAX location to be unlocked by LAX personnel. You will be responsible for any shipping and handling costs.
F. Disclaimer, Limitation on Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LUGGAGE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THIS WARRANTY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, IN NO EVENT WILL LAX OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE LUGGAGE OR ITS USE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INDEMNITY, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF LAX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. LAX’S TOTAL LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE LUGGAGE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.